Floor lamps are a great source of lighting that you can use in nearly any room. These functional lamps influence a room’s mood. Sometimes, your chosen light bulb can be a difference in the lamp’s effect. Due to the height of a floor lamp, it can capture attention. Thus, you need to keep an eye on the base and lampshade material. Union floor lamps are a smart lighting option that you can quickly assemble. Keep reading to learn about the various kinds of floor lamps and how to pick the right one for your home:
Floor Lamp Lighting
The lighting used for floor lamps is available in different kinds. Knowing these can help you make the right choice before you shop for floor lamps.
- Ambient lighting. This lighting type evenly diffuses light in an area.
- Task lighting. This directs light to a certain area such as a deck or a reading chair.
- Upplight lighting. This directs light upwards. The light is softly reflected downwards.
Choosing a Spot for Your Floor Lamp
A floor lamp can be placed in different places. Usually, they are placed beside an accent chair, beside a console table, or in the corner of your bedroom near your dresser.
Kinds of Floor Lamps
A floor lamp has a lampshade and a base. It requires accessories such as a lightbulb and an electrical wire to function. Below are the various kinds of floor lamps you can find on the market:
- Club floor lamp. This lamp features a basic solid base and lampshade around a lightbulb. You can easily find this lamp in varying designs and styles to fit the décor in your home.
- Swing arm floor lamp. This floor lamp has a lampshade and a column base. The upper portion of the column base needs to be adjusted, so the lamp will swing on each side as necessary. The lamp’s horizontal movement makes it ideal to be placed above a deck or an accent chair where light can be directed as necessary.
- Tripod floor lamp. Typically, the base of this lamp has three columns. These columns hold the bulb and lampshade upright. This is a modified version of the standard floor lamp with one column that can give your room a touch of character.
- Six-way floor lamp. This lamp provides several lightbulbs sources under a lampshade. It is often used to light a big room and give the extra light you need.